Am 15.09.11 18:12, schrieb Martin Spott:
> HB-GRAL wrote:
>
>> I see now also some differences between OSM and "our" apt.dat [...]
>
> Note that OSM might be aiming at a different target, they're not
> necessarily building a database which meets the specific requirements
> in (simulated) aviation.
>
> Cheers,
>       Martin.

Hi Martin

No, it looks like the mapping with apt.dat data is inaccurate, at least
outside the United States.

I checked some airports the last days. You can not say that FlightGear
or X-Plane data is accurate and the rest of the mapping world is missing
the "points". It does not depend on aviation or not. A lot of runways
are misplaced, and I am just asking about the reason. Maybe one of the
reasons is that apt.dat is based on old analog imagery, not available
anymore.

Cheers, Yves