On 15 Oct 2011, at 15:22, HB-GRAL wrote:

>> I think the only solution is to make GPC obsolete - either by replacing
>> GPC by something different but functional equivalent or "simply" (TM ;-)
>> by avoiding any polygon clipping in 'fgfs-construct' overall.
>>
>>      Martin.
>
> Hi Martin
>
> Are there any concrete suggestions ?

Yes, it's being actively hacked on and tested, I believe, because the clipper
is the most numerically sensitive part of the whole process, and performance
sensitive too. One candidate is being tested already, and there's other options
available, but it's really important not to regress the core functionality, so
some caution is required!

James