Hi,

On Friday, October 28, 2011 20:20:55 Geoff McLane wrote:
> Re: In Windows (XP WIN32) - using CMake GUI
> =========================
>
> Unfortunately, here not so good ;=(( for building
> FG. SG was not too bad...
>
> As mentioned, I had to add two options,
> PTW32_STATIC_LIB, to use pthreads (for Win32)
> static, and OSG_LIBRARY_STATIC, to use all
> static OSG libraries...

Ok, I do not know the win32 build too good:
But why are you using pthreads on win32?
Neither osg nor simgear/flightgear should need this.
And at least for osg, how do you manage to make osg use pthreads on win32?

Also why do you want to have osg statically linked?
It's possible to build and use osg with just static libs. But the default and
really best supported configuration of osg is using shared libraries.
The basic architecture of model loaders within osg is built around shared
objects dynamically loaded at runtime. So as I saied before, it's possible to
make osg's reader/writers work with static libs, but we do *not* have any
support for that in flightgear/simgear. You would need some scary linker tricks
or some code changes to make this work and I am not aware of anything in that
corner in flightgear/simgear.

Also, if you use static osg libraries, linking with them is probably
incomplete within our buildsystem. We assume that once we link against an osg
library this dll already pulls in what it requires for itself. This is not the
case for static libraries.

To me this pretty much explaines that huge amount of hand changes you have to
to with cmake.

I would suggest not to try linking osg with static libs.
Also I would suggest that you do not use pthreads on win32.

Then, if you still have to do some of these scary changes to cmake like
setting SIMGEAR_VERSION_OK=TRUE, please stop and return to here.

Mathias