On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 13:36 +0100, HB-GRAL wrote:
> I wish to submit this changes and updates. But I am asking you to review
> the different changes/possibilities of the script in a code 1 line of
> apt.dat :
>
> a) Same name, but to lower:
> Old line: '1    3141 0 1 01MT CRYSTAL LAKES RESORT'
> New line: '1    3141 0 1 01MT Crystal Lakes Resort'
That will be better. I have noticed it on many airports/airfields.

> b) No shortcuts, but still <= 40 letters
> Old line: '1    3020 0 1 04CA GRAY BUTTE FLD'
> New line: '1    3020 0 1 04CA Gray Butte Field'
Also better in full words, not shortcut.

> or
> Old line: '1     940 0 1 0NY7 Murphys Lndg Strip'
> New line: '1     940 0 1 0NY7 Murphys Landing Strip'
Same above. Nice improvement.

> c) Same name, but marked as closed in apt.dat when ourairports says
> "closed":
> Old line: '1     250 0 1 03VA Whipoorwill Springs'
> New line: '1     250 0 1 03VA [X]Whipoorwill Springs'
Can you please try to remove that [X] or is it somehow important?

> d) Take "new" names from ourairports
> Old line: '1      18 0 1 04W  Keech\n'
> New line: '1      18 0 1 04W  Field of Dreams Airport\n'
I think it is hard to validate them but these \n are not parsed well in
my view (as a sim-pilot).

> What changes (0 or a/b/c/d) do you think are useful and will be accepted
> (also by developers working with apt.dat for FlightGear "side projects"
> like Maps, Launchers etc.) ?
My launcher won't be affected by it, but maybe fgrun? And how about
taxidraw?

> Cheers, Yves
Regards,
  Roland