Hello everybody,
I have been looking at improving the Cessna 172p cockpit. I have been mostly
focusing on the instruments. I am creating new 256px textures, and modifying
the geometry and xml files when required. All the work is based on pictures of
Cessna cockpits and pictures of instruments posted by avionics resellers. So
far I have been working from the latest c172p model from the website, and
running Flightgear 1.9.1-1 on Ubuntu.
You can see the work done so far on
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/l-C4kL0msqOhfYg3pW78trtBKth8brfvXTX_6GVpOLg(
 The next picture shows a close-up. This album also contains older tests I made
in 2010 )
Here are some questions:1. Should I work from a c172p model more recent than on
the website? If so, where can I find the Aircrafts in gitorious?2. How do I
contribute? Do I learn to use git and create a branch? Do I post the aircraft
as a .zip file for someone to look at?3. Should I run a more recent flightgear
version? (e.g. compile 2.4.0 from source)
Thank You. Please give feedback and comments on the changes.Yours,Stephan.