I've just placed a patch into the forum fixing the altitudes, providing a
new GUI which makes Local Weather Config obsolete and ports Cb towers also
to the new rendering system. I haven't tested it excessively yesterday,
but most of it was written and tested before my computer died, so it
should be fine.

> You should be able to set the render bin for the effect if you are using
> one.
> Alternatively, it may be that we can get more performance from the clouds
> such that we won't need to put them in a separate render-bin.

Hm, this seems to be more subtle then. I adapted rain-layer.eff from
cloud.eff and as a consequence I see that in both files

  <render-bin>
        <bin-number>10</bin-number>
        <bin-name>DepthSortedBin</bin-name>
   </render-bin>

occurs. So that is in fact not the problem?! But then what it - why are
the rain layers always sorted in front of the clouds?

* Thorsten