Am 28.12.2011 16:04, schrieb thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi:
>> 8) Local Weather has no precipitation rendering. This is due to the fact
>> that the system uses its own layer altitude definition and a 3d
>> definition
>> ..
> Still to be fixed. I tried a workaround using negative cloud altitudes
> with respect to a very high layer, but Stuart's system doesn't accept
> that, so I really can't fix this myself.
That should be easy to do - I'll have a look after the release if nobody
is faster.

>> 9) Water shader (very impressive!!!) doesn't react to wind/overcast in
>> ..
> The current implementation works by writing into the Global Weather config
> which does the trick. Let me know as soon as a different interface is in
> place and I'll change the code accordingly.
We should agree on a common place to publish actual surface wind (for
one or many given locations?) in the property tree. /environment/config
is definitely not the best place to use but due to historical reasons,
many objects rely on these properties (windsock, chimneys/smoke, many
more). Someday, we also might want to have winds aloft data for one to
many locations and altitudes, so it might be worth to think about a good
concept for that (but also, after the release ;-)
> Recent version of Local Weather (still lacks updated documentation),
> please test:

13215 lines of Nasal code. Wow, this is probably our all-time record for
a Nasal based system ;-)

I hope we find a way to integrate "global weather" and "local weather"
into just "weather" one day which provides the full range, from simple
2d-layered clouds without shaders to the full-sized weather model in
just one system. Hopefully not with a plain Nasal implementation, but by
using existing and new FlightGear systems and Nasal.

Together with fred's shadows, this should be a good reason for a version
number of 3.0.0!

Voi hyvin

Torsten