Hi Stephan,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Stephan Bourgeois wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a new Altimeter ready for the c172p cockpit. However, I have a few
> questions regarding the panel illumination.
>
> 1. All the current instruments, except the AI (gyro) have illuminated knobs.
> Should I keep this with any new instrument?

Yes please. It may not be completely realistic, but as we don't have
real cockpit illumination, or a virtual flashlight (!), we've got to
cheat slightly to make the aircraft usable.

> 2. I have problems with materials that don't use a texture map. Even when the
> light-control is "off", standard AC3D materials seem tohave a white
> illumination. The illumination turns orange as the light-control is turned
> up. I was hoping to replace the grey texture map on knobs with a standard
> AC3D material.
>
> Has anyone else experienced such a problem?

I recall a while ago a recommendation from one of our graphics gurus
that it is more efficient to use textures rather than a number of
different objects without texture maps.  I would suggest just using a
texture map in this case to avoid the problem.

-Stuart