Hello and thank you for your replies.

Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> I recall a while ago a recommendation from one of our graphics gurus
> that it is more efficient to use textures rather than a number of
> different objects without texture maps.

This is counter-intuitive but explains why the AI colors are done this way.
I will try this on the needles as well. It will reduce the number of
objects, and simplify the .xml

Question: shouldn't the AI knobs be illuminated? At present, they are not.

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> Just a random thought: does (could) it have both hPa and InHg scale in
> the baro window? Would be very practical. Those exist in real life,
> there sre just two baro scale windows on opposite sides of the gauge
> face.

Yes, I can try that. It means I'll have to limit the baro scale rotation to
180 degrees. Does anyone know what the scale min/max are on a real
instrument?

I have more questions:
1. Regarding optimization. is it OK to use N-gons for planar shapes, or
should they be broken to quads and trigs?

2. Is it true that textures with an alpha channel are not efficient? In the
case of a circular dial, is it better to cut the geometry and increase the
polycount (1 quad -> 72 trigs) than use a texture map with a circular alpha?

3. Design priorities. My aim is to look at all the instruments to bring them
to a consistent level. Then, add refinements like the 2 baro windows.  If I
compare the Cessna with the Beechcraft 1900, what strikes me is that the
panel looks patchy. Would the team please tell me if you agree with this
approach.

4. Git workflow. This is a question for Stuart and Tuomas. Once I commit a
new instrument to the master branch in my clone repository, does git allow
you to fetch that to your local master? So that you can inspect the change
on your local machine?

Thank you for your feedback.
Stephan.