On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Michael wrote:
> Personally I'd leave 3.0 for the new apt 850 support. If that's not in for
> summer leave it at 2.8.

I think we need a new world scenery generation to take place to take
full advantage of apt 850 support.  I don't know if that's on the
cards for this summer release.

I disagree that we should leave 3.0.0 for apt 850 support.  That's not
to say that 850 support (and the implicit world scenery generation)
isn't worthy of a version increment.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Björn Kesten wrote:
> If the new autogen will be included, I'm also in favor for a 3.0.0 version
> numbering.

The current "next" branch of git will form the basis for the summer
release, so it will include all the regionalized textures,
object-masking and random building work that has taken place.

-Stuart