On 4 Sep 2012, at 11:43, Alasdair wrote:

> Further research shows that for the b1900d & SenecaII, this problem goes
> way back to 2.6.0. It has only become apparent (in my case) for the
> c172p in recent git pulls. I will attempt to find exactly when, but I am
> having to learn git as I go :-( Since the c172p is my aircraft of
> choice, the problem has gone unnoticed up till now.

I would be very cautious in your testing - from what Thorsten's already
indicated, you are /not/ looking at a stable issue. There's certainly
code-paths that bias it (wxradar apparently, and model complexity / texture
complexity in general), but changing OS / driver / FG version and having the
problem go away or re-appear doesn't conclusively indicate that a specific
change was made in those things, that is causal for the bug.

In other words, changing your configuration (aircraft, rendering settings,
drivers, who knows) may push you back-and-forth over the line where the bug
occurs, but that doesn't tell us much about the real cause.

Of course, testing is still worthwhile - it would be interesting to know if
anyone saw the issue with FG 2.4 - but again so much has changed in terms of
shaders complexity, that I fear this again might not prove anything.

James