On 28 Sep 2012, at 12:40, Thomas Geymayer wrote:

> I can confirm this too (also with your latest changes). Eg. start the
> c172p and have a look at the value of /controls/engines/engine/magnetos.
> In the c172p-set.xml it is set to 3 but upon startup it is 0. The same
> thing happens also to other variables in the *-set.xml.

Okay, so one option is to move FGControls back to main.cxx - very strange but
easy to test. If that's /not/ the problem then I am really confused about the
cause, and would welcome some help understanding when the problem began!

I'll test completely reverting the FGControls change here, and report back.

Regards,
James