Adrian wrote

Don't we need radar altitude for buildings  etc. for radar altimeters, but
probably not trees?

A radar altimeter needs to sample both the terrain and "hard" objects on it.

However, I watch this work with interest: I think it might make it worth
reviewing the AG radar that I abandoned due to the impact on frame rate, and
lack of realistic range because not enough tiles were loaded,

Vivian

Vivian