On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 16:36:35 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
<20130205163635.762a1...@celsius.lan>:

>  Could the ATI hack have done something weird? Any ideas
> welcome, I have no good plan of attack for this yet.

..if you can tell me how to diable it, and enable it, I can
tell you how both cases look on running the radeon driver.

..last time I saw FG flicker, I was pushing my Radeon 9250 too
hard, 2048x1536x24(or32?)bpp@59.somethingHz, I had to back off
58.something to lose the flickering.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: