Hi Thorsten, :)

The 2.10 release has sparked some interest over at avsim.com
(http://forum.avsim.net/forum/198-the-flightgear-forum/) where various
FS-X and X-Plane users have been giving it a try and comparing it with
other sims.  It makes for interesting reading - I hadn't appreciated
what a big deal not being able to configure a joystick from a GUI was
until I read a couple of comments highlighting it as a big V2.10
feature.  There's also positive comments about atmospheric rendering,
smoothness and FDM quality.

I agree that working out what's unique is difficult, and it's a moving
target given the add-ons.  Just last week I read a thread from someone
asking about failure mode (MTBF/MCBF), something we've had in FG for
years.  Further down the thread someone responded saying they'd just
written an iPhone/iPad app to do just that.  Ah well, it was unique
for a couple of years at least :).

-Stuart

PS:  Further up the thread Thorsten mentioned that FS-X instruments
seemed jerky.  IIRC the instrumentation in MSFS has a fixed refresh
rate (30fps?).