On Wednesday 02 January 2008 3:34:27 pm Berndt, Jon S wrote:
> > I put this question to the "General Help" forum, and they
> > suggested that I ask the users list.
> >
> > I'm getting frame rates of around 5-8 when flying the default
> > C172P in the default 800x600 window.  I've done some
> > experimenting with rendering options, color depth, etc.
> > without much effect.  I tried full-screen game mode, which
> > decreased my frame rate.
>
> I may have completely missed this in your posts, but do you run other
> OpenGL applications, and are you getting good results there?
>
> Jon

Jon,

I don't think you missed anything.  I haven't run much other OpenGL stuff.
Just a 3D screen saver, really.  It works ok, but I do notice a hesitation in
it every so often.  I did try on other 3D game -- Trigger.  It seemed to run
smoothly, but it's not very scenery-dense.  And glxgears gives me around 700
FPS or so it its default window, more like 48 if I go full screen.

--
Fred
8v)