Hi, Yan--  I concur with Durk's comments.  I have the Saitek Yoke and
Throttle Quadrant, but not the pedals (they are on my list, though).  I've
had the Saitek equipment for nearly a year and have not had any problems
with it, and I fly nearly every day.  I recently looked at the
Saitek pedals at a store.  Depending on what kind of flying your son is
interested in, the Combat version is much more robust, has more metal
parts, and generally appeared to me to be able to stand up to a more
aggressive style, but more expensive.  For me, the standard pedals would be
more than adequate, seem well built, although I think I would probably wear
slippers rather than shoes when flying just for less wear and tear on the
pedal surfaces.

Durk is correct about possibly needing to download a different
configuration file for the yoke/throttle quadrant if the drivers don't work
out-of-the-box.  I had that experience.  I'd be happy to email you my
reconfigured file (I'm running Windows Vista SP2), in case the yoke doesn't
work.  And with FlightGear 2.6.0 coming out soon, the problem may be fixed
permanently.  Also, in the last couple of months, I remember getting a
driver update from Saitek, as well.

Best wishes for the holidays,

David

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Yan Seiner <y...@seiner.com> wrote:

> My son wants a yoke and rudder pedals for Christmas.  I've been looking
> at the Saitek Pro setup but at $250 it's pretty pricy if it doesn't work.
>
> Any comments on this hardware?
>
> --
> Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ
> from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
> incapable of forming such opinions.
>    Albert Einstein

> Cloud Services Checklist: Pricing and Packaging Optimization
> This white paper is intended to serve as a reference, checklist and point
> of
> discussion for anyone considering optimizing the pricing and packaging
> model
> of a cloud services business. Read Now!

Dr David Waggoner, PhD
Eugene, Oregon