I'm having great luck with the saitek yoke and quadrant.
The pedals however are another story.

Under Ubuntu linux I get errors during boot indicating read errors
After booting, the pedals are not recognized in flightgear.
However if I unplug the pedals' usb cable and plug it back in, and then restart
flightgear it works just fine.
The problem persists regardless of which usb port I use.

-pat callahan
 pac1
 c172p