[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [..]
>> font etc. yes, but I am not sure about alignment - as it is property
>> relative to something above it, ...
>
> True enough, but is not the same thing true of any widget?  The
> widget's position is relative to something (window or screen) above it.
>
>> ... so it should be rather property of the
>> widget. This would also allow assignment of the same label (which looks
>> the same within its bounding box) to different widget.
>
> Agreed, under my scheme it would not be possible for multiple
> widgets to share a label with different alignments; the label
> would have to be copied in that case.  Is this a common use

sometimes. I believe you can have a lot of commons strings, various
symbols etc which can be shared between several widgets. For instance
you can have several opened windows of the same type (say like several
opened documents) of which there is no reason to duplicate the data.

Also strictly speaking we would need to distinguish between two alignments:
1. row indentation (right, left, centre)
2. position of the label relative to the widget

The first one is a sole property of the label and if the second (which
is rather what we have in mind here) would be property of widget then
you can share labels between widgets even if they would have different
position relative to them. Think like images - the same image can be
shared by many widgets.

R.