> Alvin wrote:
> One more note on this before I shutup :). If the doxygen comments are in the
> header file, then KDevelop (maybe other IDEs as well?) will display the
> comment as part of the code completion list. Someone correct me if I am
> wrong, but I don't think this will happen if the comment is solely in the
> implementation file (cxx)?
AFAIK, many other industrial strength tools won't care at all about doxygen.
According to matt previous feedback (who would prefer to see comments in
headers), there are more folks for putting comments in the cxx rather than h
files.
Alvin, I understand your point as I perfectly understand and respect Matt and
others points  in favor of H target instead of CXX, but if you re-read the
discussion, you'll see there are also many points in favor of the cxx file
comments inclusion.
For directly being involved in that point presently (and already having spent
many hours on this subject), I also clearly opt in favor of cxx target files,
and prototyped a tool/demonstrator that works really great with this approach,
still I will respect and accommodate with other choices if it is decided
differently.

Now let's take some distance regarding this doxygen doc. intiative, at the end
every users will be just happy to have up-to-date full doxygen impl., whatever
the internal impl. is.

But please keep in mind there are also crazy folks that will do the work of
porting this doc, so I believe one thing that should also really matter is how
easier/fast we could get with each solution.

I can tell from my own recent experience than it would be IMHO easier for the
helper tools that one can build to give very good results if the doc content is
injected into cxx files, but I may be wrong.

Fabien