OK, added doxygen docs to FNFC, and various little code fixups
        to support doxygen.

        Manolo, I changed one of your hardcoded strings, "char old_dir[300];"
        to a dynamic string using strnew/strfree to ensure there were no
        buffer overrun issues.

        Ian, thanks for the mods to $Id$, I made sure those merged in with
        my latest check in, and verified all files had the correct head/tail
Id's.
        Yeah, I had a typo in some of them; "$Id:" instead of "$Id$", glad
        you caught that.

        Manolo: haven't applied your latest patches yet; will do that now.

        Mike: good catch on the !defined() stuff.. I'll fix that for Ian.