> Of course, you can use any or all of these extensions with fltk in
> your own code; indeed I often use STL containers for managing lists
> of items and widgets these days myself, though I have had issues with
> the differences in STL implementations between linux and win32, for
> example. [...]
> As I say, you can readily use these features yourself in your own code.

­Can you show me some of your work, using FLTK with some "modern" C++? Just so
as I know how to do that.

> When it comes down to it - where do you see them being used in fltk
> itself? How do you envisage those additions / changes being made
> without breaking the API and or ABI compatibility that we strive so
> hard to maintain?

I was expecting this kind of questions, and I don't really know how to answer
them. However, add some things that are part of the "C++ infrastructure", which
should not be too hard for developpers such as you. In any case, it won't make
your library "Slow and Heavy" !

Thanks for the answer !