>> I don't recommend the latter approach though - if you're going to do
>> that, just let FLTK manage the window, like it should.
> The CreatedWindow stuff was designed to draw into a child window in
> another app. There was never any attempt to make it work for main windows.

Yeah, this is why I suggested just using a standard fltk::Window. A
CreatedWindow, for what (it looks like) the OP was trying to do, is most
likely the wrong way to go about it.

>> I *may* need to publicly expose FLTK's WM_DELETE_WINDOW atom though,
>> because by the looks of it FLTK just checks for its own static version
>> of this atom, though I'm not certain and not enough of an X guru to know
>> for sure.
> You can ask for your own copy of the atom. You will get the same number.
> The only reason to get access to the FLTK one is to avoid the overhead
> of two different calls for the atom.

Oh, excellent. In which case, there's no real point in exposing it
publicly; the CreatedWindow is designed to be in use in something
greater anyway.
Thanks!

Ben.