On 02/22/12 09:13, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
> I'd say its easier to do it locally once you've installed your own
> test environment.

        Thanks for the advice.

        Yes, got it all working in about 45 mins.
        Just defaults for everything.

        Installed LAMP and downloaded the website tars,
        and I'll be damned if it didn't start right up;
        have a working copy of the entire fltk website
        on http://localhost/index.php

        On my centos 5.6 machine:

           yum install mysql
           yum install mysql-server
           /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation

           yum install httpd

           yum install php
           yum install php-mysql
           /etc/init.d/httpd restart

        Didn't change the httpd.conf at all.

        Checked out the fltk website into /var/www/html,
        did the mysql stuff on the web site -> download backups page.
        No cgi-bin's I guess.. all php in the html dir.

        Didn't bother setting up the svn stuff, since I don't need it
        to test the web pages, but I could see where that would probably
        be easy too. (I don't think the instructions on that page cover
        that though)