> I've PM'd the OP (Cliff Yapp) saying basically he can use the
> code if he likes; I posted it on the web with no explicit license,
> which in retrospect was a mistake I guess.

It kinda complicates things - default copyright basically means we can't use it
without your OK :-).  (There are other neat bits of code floating around that
are in limbo like that... authors vanished into the mists of the internet, no
way to get an OK - glad Ian is still active!)  Thank you for your response - I
would have started here, except I didn't catch your name as active in the
forums until after I'd already sent the first email.

> Anyway, I guess I had the fltk license in mind, though if CY
> wants the use of the flterm code then he's basically welcome to it.

The same license terms as FLTK (insofar as that's compatible with GTerm, which
I don't think has the static linking exception) was what I was hoping for :-).
For my (potential) uses basic LGPLv2 should be fine, although if Timothy Miller
is still active it might be worth asking him about it in case Fl_Term becomes
something that would be interesting to add to FLTK proper...

> >     If I had more time, I'd probably be all over this project,
> >     as working on vt100 emulation (and xterm) has always been
> >     an interest since my early days, but never had the time to
> >     follow through.
>
> Yup. me too... Like a lot of projects, I worked on it until it
> *nearly* worked the way I wanted then lost interest...!

Since you guys are knowledgeable about terminal emulation issues, I'd be
curious if you have a sense on how hard it would be to implement (using FTGL +
GTerm's core functionality + whatever additional bits make sense) an actual
cross-platform terminal emulator that would (say) allow console emacs and vim
to operate on Windows platforms the same way they do on Linux/BSD/OSX?  The
only open source Windows terminal emulator I know of is the one built into
cygwin - cygwin is a) a very big dependency to require if you're just after one
or two apps and b) GPL, which unfortunately doesn't work in some situations
(like mine).  In some sense, that would be one of my primary interests in
Fl_Term - whether it can serve as a "standardized" terminal emulator on
Windows, Linux/BSD, and OSX that provides a cross platform for apps needing a
terminal... but I don't know what would be involved in emulating that on
Windows...

(Sorry if that's off topic for the FLTK forums - it's not every day I encounter
terminal emulator enthusiasts ;-)

Cheers, and thanks Ian for clarifying the Fl_Term licensing situation!

CY