Hi Patrick,

Sounds like you are working your way through the history of language development, but in reverse order!

;-)

C++ -> Ada -> Cobol ...!

Cheers,
--
Ian
Sent, much to my surprise, from my Palm Pre3

On 22 Feb 2013 14:46, Patrick <patr...@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:

Hi Sanel

Thanks for responding to my post. Your ideas are terrific. I know a
little about swig and pyFLTK but I didn't know anything about the other
two options.

So I have been going around it circles on and off for two years with GUI
tookkits. I have tried virtually all of them now. I don't want to code
in C/C++. I have been obsessed with Ada for about 15 months and the GUI
options for it are horrible. Bindings for other languages are available
but I couldn't figure out how to call back to and forth from Ada with
them without somethign whacked liked using D-Bus.

I have realized that pretty much everything I like about Ada is
available from Cobol too and I have recently switched my focus.

Open Cobol compiles to intermediate C. I was trying to figure out how to
call back into C++ from C but then I finally realized I could just run
the C code through a C++ compiler and have code at the same "level" as
C++ and now I don't think I need to figure out a way to call "up" into C++.

Having said that, I think that a C binding would really help the project
and I would like to help, please let me know if I can.

Thanks again-Patrick

P.S have you tried chicken scheme? Is it suitable for you? You could
also run it's intermediate C code through a C++ compiler and then you
would be able to call into FLTK C++