Hi Albert

I can start in C++ or Cobol but I have to be able to call back into C++
to change widget properties during callbacks.

I am not proposing anything that would change FLTK itself, just a
seperate wrapper. I don't like C++ but that does not mean it is not very
useful, virtually every widget toolkit is written in it and the gobject
world changes GTK into an object oriented language.

Cobol 2002 supports object oriented programming , exceptions, user
defined types etc but I don't think anyone has to worry about their C++
code being eclipsed by Cobol :)