I'm working on fixing STR #2772 (removing extraneous code in fl_measure()) and
need to understand in detail how we support '@' symbols in FLTK.

Question:
     I want to verify that '@' symbols in labels (eg. "@->") are only
     allowed at either *the very beginning* or *very end* of a string,
     or at both ends, and nothing else (ie. not in the middle of a
     string, or mixed into multiple lines).

So in other words, these are OK:

    "@<- Back"
    "Next @->"
    "@<- He went that way @->"
    "@<- Line one\nLine two\nLine three @->"

.and just about all other variations are not:

    "Something @-> different."
    "This @-> is @<- a test."
    "This is @->\na test"

I don't think these restrictions are documented, or at least not in the "Labels
and Label Types" section of:
http://fltk.org/doc-1.3/common.html

So I'd like to (a) add this info to those docs, and (b) implement fixes
accordingly to fl_measure().

Even as fl_measure() reads now (with extraneous code), I don't think it's
correctly calculating symbol sizes.. for instance the scaling feature (e.g.
"@+9->", "@-9->", which are scaled arrows).