This is not an FLTK-specific problem. It seems the only workaround is
to use the apple-supplied gcc :/

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Ben Abbott <bpabb...@mac.com> wrote:

>> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBundle.h:147=
>> =3D
>> Apple =3D
>> will =3D
>> header =3D
>> >=20
>> > Unfortunately, the error remains.
>>
>> Hmm. I see nothing suspicious about this line at least in relation to =
>> FLTK. Please take Fl_mac.cxx and remove the entire contents, except the =
>> "include" line and see if Fl_mac.cxx compiles. If it does, we will have =
>> to deduce step by step which (include) statement makes our compile =
>> impossible. If it does not compile, you will have to find the required =
>> compiler flag or the offending line.
>>
>> Matthias=
>>

> I'm not sure which include line should be left in "Fl_mac.cxx".
>
> I tried to compile with "#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>" being the only line in
> Fl_mac.cxx, but encountered the same error.
>
> In case you intended for me to try to compile Fl_mac.cxx, I tried a "make
> Fl_mac.o" as well (which containts one line "#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>").
>
> $ make Fl_mac.o
> echo Compiling Fl_mac.cxx...
> Compiling Fl_mac.cxx...
> g++-4 -I..     -Os -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wall -Wunused
> -Wno-format-y2k  -fPIC -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing  -D_THREAD_SAFE
> -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/sw/include -c Fl_mac.cxx
> In file included from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:43,
>                 from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:20,
>                 from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:20,
>                 from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:21,
>                 from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h:20,
>                 from Fl_mac.cxx:1:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBundle.h:147:
> error: format string argument not a string type
>
> Ben

Marcel Dejean, IT Assistant
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corp
76 Wadsworth Ave, New York, NY 10033
Tel: 212-822-8300   Fax: 212-740-9646

Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the
people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures.