On 21.01.2011 13:15, MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:

>> Oh, I found the culprit. configure finds libpthread and defines
>> HAVE_PTHREAD, but then linking fails with "undefined reference to
>> `_imp__pthread_create'". I #undef'd it, and then it works with
>> win32 threads. :-)
>
> Is that going to be peculiar to your setup, or will it affect general
> users, do you think?

I don't know yet, it was just my observation, and I wanted to tell
you about it. I need to check it, and ISTR that something with threads
is ... em ... suboptimal in configure. But this is not likely to
happen before the weekend.

>> Side note: to get rid of (gcc 4.5.2) dll dependencies I also
>> configured with "LDFLAGS=-static", and now I don't have any
>> non-Windows dependencies again. This needs more investigation
>> how to make this automatic for default user setups...
>>
>> W/o -static you get something like:
>>
>> $ cygcheck test/threads | grep -v Windows
>> <path-to-fltk-1.3>\test\threads.exe
>>     C:\MinGW\bin\libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
>>     C:\MinGW\bin\libstdc++-6.dll
>

> OK - that seems like a good thing, as I don't want to be distributing
> the gcc DLL's just to make my app work...

Neither do I.

> Setting the -static option is OK? It does not do anything weird with
> statically linking the MS system DLL's or anything bad like that?

This is just a workaround I found to work for me. I didn't see any
side effects, but didn't look for it intensively. I'm in a process
to evaluate the new MinGW/MSYS (with gcc 4.5.2) for our commercial
app, so that we can get rid of using Cygwin as our build tool. I'll
keep you and the FLTK folks informed whatever I find, and I'll try
to put this into configure, of course. It should work OOTB.

<OT>
We must add openssl, and I believe that it would be difficult to
configure openssl under Cygwin for a native Windows build, because
I had similar problems with another lib used earlier. It worked with
the Cygwin dll, though, and it didn't work with the MSYS openssl lib
for some reason I don't know yet (and maybe never will). Did you or
anybody else here compile openssl (1.0.0c) with MinGW successfully?
Any known problems and solutions?
</OT>

Albrecht