On 21.01.2011 15:08, MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:

> Well, FWIW, on my WinXP box with Msys/mingw, I just grabbed a copy of
> OpenSSL 1.0.0.c, installed nasm and did a:
>
>    ./config ; make
>
> And that seemed to work OK, AFAICT - I should probably have run "make
> test" now I look at the readme... Still, there doesn't seem to be
> anything obviously broken about the build.

Wow, thanks. You were not supposed to test it for me :-)

Meanwhile I got it working by using the same as you did + "make test"

   ./config ; make ; make test

However, I didn't install nasm, and it worked nevertheless. AFAIK there
is also an option to disable it, but it worked for me w/o it. I guess
configure checked it.

I linked my simple test app, using the header files, libssl.a, and
libcrypto.a from the build directory successfully.

The only thing I had to add was that damn WSA_Startup() call MS want
us to use, and (so far...) closesocket() instead of close().

Thanks for your support, I appreciate it.

Now I'm going to do the fine tuning and real work...

Albrecht