On 03.11.2011 17:22, David wrote:
> So I want a popup window, I have a window created, text placed on it via
> Fl_Box.  but using Fl::wait(0) only shows the window and no text, in a loop,
> same thing, if I change it to one second, then same thing if just once, but
> if put in loop then it shows text too.  Then it however wait's because the
> test loop is up to 10, so dealys 8 seconds.  Likewise, same on close after
> calling to hide the window, using wait(0) is a problem, have to use 1 or
> more.  What's up with that?

Difficult to say from your description, please provide an example code,
so that we can help you better. You should probably use Fl::wait()
(without an argument, or with 0), and you MUST use a loop.

A good example to see how to terminate the loop is in
src/fl_ask.cxx, line #244 (FLTK 1.3, svn):

while (message_form->shown()) Fl::wait();

So this loop terminates when the user closes the popup window,
and that is probably what you want.

>  Also, in looking at the function I see:
>
>      timeval t;
>      t.tv_sec = int(time_to_wait);
>      t.tv_usec = int(1000000 * (time_to_wait-t.tv_sec));
>
> but wouldn't t.tv_usec always be zero.

Not (always), if time_to_wait is a floating point value.

Albrecht