FLTK 1.3 svn up to date version...

I changed Fl_Choice.cxx handle method :

  case FL_PUSH:
    if (Fl::visible_focus()) Fl::focus(this);
  J1:
    if (Fl::scheme()
        || fl_contrast(textcolor(), FL_BACKGROUND2_COLOR) != textcolor()) {
          //v = menu()->pulldown(x(), y(), w(), h(), mvalue(), this);
      v = menu()->pulldown(x(), y(), w(), 0, mvalue(), this);
    } else {
      // In order to preserve the old look-n-feel of "white" menus,
      // temporarily override the color() of this widget...
      Fl_Color c = color();
      color(FL_BACKGROUND2_COLOR);
      //v = menu()->pulldown(x(), y(), w(), h(), mvalue(), this);
          v = menu()->pulldown(x(), y(), w(), 0, mvalue(), this);
      color(c);
    }
    if (!v || v->submenu()) return 1;
    if (v != mvalue()) redraw();
    picked(v);
    return 1;

(changed the calls to pulldown)
and this gives an acceptable behaviour to my opinion.

Regards,

Mathieu