On 02/03/12 11:21, testalucida wrote:
> Hi all,
> thank you for your efforts!
> It works as you say, but I still can't understand why this doesn't work:
> textfont( FL_HELVETICA_BOLD );
> textsize( 12 );
> (instead of fl_font(textfont(), textsize()); )

        fl_font() sets the "current font" used for drawing
        which fl_measure() says it needs in the docs.

        textfont() and textsize() don't affect the current font
        used for drawing, they just set the widget's text font.

> And why does it work when adding a dummy Fl_Output first?

        Not sure I understand what you mean by "adding a dummy Fl_Ouput"?

        Do you mean the call to Fl_Output::draw()?
        If so, would make sense to do that /last/, after you
        do your fl_measure() and resize() calculations.

        It doesn't make sense to call Fl_Output::draw() first
        if you're just going to resize the widget later,
        which will cause another redraw.. drawing the widget
        twice instead of once..

        Keep in mind if you don't call Fl_Output::draw(),
        the widget won't draw at all because your draw()
        routine is replacing it.