On 02/07/12 14:56, Shon Pritchett wrote:
> I've tried everything I can think of but I cannot force
> a redraw at exactly the instant I want to.  I need an
> occluding object to damage the window before I can force a redraw.

        Calling redraw() is the equivalent of damaging the window.

        In fact I think that's all it does, call damage() to tell the
        widget its damaged. eg:

void Fl_Widget::redraw() {
  damage(FL_DAMAGE_ALL);
}

        The actual redraw will occur when you return out of the callback
        after redraw() was called; FLTK will immediately know the widget
        was damaged, and will cause it to redraw.

        redraw() does not actually do any drawing, it just tells FLTK
        the widget is damaged, so that FLTK will do the redraw.

        In the code you've sent so far, I haven't seen your code
        for the timer callback that calls redraw(), which is what it should do.
        In fact, that's probably all it should do.