> I have checked FLTk1.3 documents, it says "Support for overlay hardware,
> with emulation if none is available.". So the FLTk1.3 can support hardware
> overlay, right?
>
> And then my question is do I need to integrate the hardware overlay to
> X11, then FLTK can support hardware overlay, or I just integrate the
> hardware overlay to FLTK?

AFAIK, the configure script will detect whether hardware overlays are available
and set things up accordingly.

That said, ISTR that it really only ever worked on the old SGI machines, which
*nobody* has anymore (except maybe the one Greg uses as a fan-heater from time
to time...)

Or I may be wrong...

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132