On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 04:31:46 -0700, Ian MacArthur
<imacart...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Note that the usual place to create the offscreen is in a draw method, so the
>gc will always be valid in that case.
>
>Not sure what to do in your example though.
>
>How about cheating? Create a 1x1 window at some x,y that is outside the
>visible and base the gc on that?

For server side image generation there is GD that was specificly
written for creating images on the fly. GD will make PNG, JPEG, GIFF,
XPM and Windows BMP . On Linux it may even be installed during
instalation. Aources avalable from
https://bitbucket.org/pierrejoye/gd-libgd/downloads

Not to belittle FLTK but having used GD in the past, I would use it
again rather than FLTK, especially for server side stuff.