On 2013-01-16 09:37:57 -0500, MacArthur, Ian (Selex ES, UK) said:

>> Also, it seems that fltk3::gl_visual() has no effect on the settings
>>
>> GLWindows use...this was not what I expected.
>>

> I dunno... I can't recall using it - was it not meant to make "normal"
> windows have the same config as the GL windows or something?

It selects the pixel format that gets used for the gl_start() and
gl_finish() functions, from what I understand. I'd misinterpreted the
documentation a bit, and thought it had to be called for any
application that used OpenGL. My expectation was that it'd set the
initial mode for OpenGL windows, but they instead have their own
default.