Nikolay Shaplov <dh...@nataraj.su> schrieb am Mo., 14. Feb. 2022, 10:58:

> Though I should say it is totally counterintuitive. No user would guess
> how
> to solve "open /dev/snd/midiC0D0 failed" problem. No wonder google does
> not provide any examples of alsa_raw usage. Nobody managed that :-)

Hm... I beg to differ.
https://lmgtfy.app/?q=fluidsynth+alsa_raw+device

But I agree that the current command-line interface is a little counter
intuitive when it comes to the options.

I would add this example to FluidSynth wiki so there were at least one
> proper place
> that have workable example.

Thanks, that would be a very welcome contribution, I think.

I would also suggest developers to update man
> and --help to cover this issue, and may be add separate options for
> specifying
> device, when using alsa_raw. As a user I would expect to have such option.

FluidSynth has many, many options. Adding a dedicated switch for every one
is not really possible, imho.

Cheers
Marcua