How fast do you need? I've been able to get FS start times of 7-10 seconds
on a Raspberry Pi by running it as a systemd service. Here
<https://github.com/albedozero/fluidpatcher/blob/1c1887c0d92cb55edf28664765ee91f6957f43eb/assets/squishbox-install.bash#L366>
you can see the unit file I use, if that's helpful. This is also on the
"lite" version of the Raspberry Pi OS - so maybe having fewer services to
start is a factor.