I'm enjoying this box discussion so much I'm thinking it might be interesting to make "containers" the theme of this project. Lots of little individual-contributed containers, packed nicely together, holding only themselves. Well...okay...I'll just go back to lurking.

John:

As a librarian are you opposed to degradable in any form, for instance a print printed with toner which is not fused, that slowly rubs off the more that you handle it? Or mycelium which might fruit given the proper humidity. Two examples off the top of my head. I see the reason not to have the "container" degrade for archival reasons, but in true Fluxus spirit (whatever that is) not static art seems core.

One of my pieces that is in a number of collection is "To Be Filled" which is a book which is hollowed out on the inside. When you open the cover, there are instructions to put something inside. When the cavity inside the book is filled completely the book is to be nailed shut.

This is an interesting question to me because Ive been working in the computer medium for the last five years, making dynamic art is inherent in the medium to a large degree.

mIEKAL

(who still has not added water to a piece of handmade paper with seeds inside which Alison gave me many years ago)