[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Allright,  I can see where the paintcan could be construed as so rather
>twee.  Howza bout we go back to the Ziploc bag, or some other kind of low
>rent receptacle.  Even a brown paper lunch bag could be used, the crinkling
>that would result from the bags repeated handling could be interesting (and
>the bag could be easily replaced by the owner if and when it rips).
>
>On the other hand, that could read as awfully "cute" as well.  Perhaps it's
>too early in the morning for me to be pondering any of this....

OK, if people think that cans are out, there are still many other options for
containers - for example how about paper or cardboard boxes (both biodegradable and
recyclable!). check out the boxes at:

http://www.papermart.com/box_welcome.htm - I like the tuck top boxes and the mailing
tubes, we could even use one or more take our food boxes (only .16cents each)

or maybe a diecut mailer - we can get a 100 5 x 5 x 5 boxes for $63 at:
http://www.adcopackaging.com/diecutmailer.htm

or Pyramid boxes at http://www.bayleysboxes.com/large%20pyramid%20box.html

One of my favorite places, American Scientific and surplus has cases such as (to view
any of these go to http://www.sciplus.com/ and type in the object number in the search
filed box):

A terrific charcoal grey plastic attache case, roughly 1 ft. sq. x 2–3/4” thick. It
has a molded in handle and good quality plastic hinges and closure clasps. Inside is a
“parts” tray, attached by a single piece of double sided tape. Pull hard and
it will come right out to leave you an empty, fully useable single chamber. The parts
tray is great too! Although flimsy black plastic, it is about 8–1/2” x 11–1/2” x
2–1/4” deep with a clear removable cover. It has (6) 1–3/4” sq x 1” deep
compartments, (1) around 3–1/2” x 5–1/2” x 1–1/4” deep, (2) sized in between these
extremes, and a tray for pencils or artist’s brushes. Trust us, this is a truly
magnificent buy!! 30025      PLASTIC ATTACHE CASE    $3.25

or

Real Dremel® and almost–real–Dremel rotary tools will both feel right at home in
Dremel’s 18” x 6–3/4” x 4–7/8” gray–plastic toolbox. The nicely–detailed box has a
ridged bottom, snap closures and a fold–down handle. The 10–3/8” x 5–7/16” x 1–1/4”
sliding, removeable bit tray has (2) wells and molded slots for specific bit sizes. A
very nice gift for the person who has all the bits, but not a bit of storage.
34714   DREMEL CASE     $4.95

or other "interesting" boxes like:

Felt-Covered Treasure Box
When you see this 4” x 7” x 2” dark blue box with gold trim, you imagine treasures
inside—sparkling diamond chokers, ruby bracelets, emerald nose rings. Sadly, the
inside liner only has cutouts for a watch and a cheap bottle of cologne. But the
liner can be removed easily. Lay some crumpled tissue in its place, and you have a
gift box elegant enough to hold anniversary presents. Why not give her a selection of
our fine eyeball products this year? 26308     JEWELRY BOX     $0.75

Easter Bunny Box
Hare it is again. Time for colored eggs and chocolate chicks. Our 5–1/2” x 2–5/8” x 2”
pastel bunny box can hold all sorts of Easter treats. It’s lithographed tin, with a
removeable lid. Very cute. Very nicely priced.
31217   BUNNY BOX       $3.00

Space Case
Carry disks or other small stuff in this neat little Space Case Disk Box of frosted
white thin–wall plastic. It is 4–1/2” high x 4–3/4” wide x 2–3/8” thick, with a
pull–up handle, a black–plastic latch on the front, and an attractice planetary
graphic on the back. Very space–agey.
33948   DISK BOX        $1.00

Slim Tin
The gift solution to every guy on your list named Jim. Especially the ones that are
fans of the WCW – or blondes. The lithographed metal tin alternates the “Slim Jim®”
logo with pix of Macho Man® Randy Savage and his lusty sidekick Gorgeous George™.
It’s round, 9–1/2” tall x 4–1/4” dia, with a removable 1/2” deep lid. If you really
like a Jim, you can fill his tin with that classic chewy sort–of–meat treat, or with
candy, pencils or a set of screwdrivers – but it’s going to be empty when you
get it.
32797   SLIM CANISTER   $1.75

Or Live Bait, Maybe?
What a cool box. Air–cooled, even, since it’s made of mesh stretched over a covered
wire frame. The mesh is woven from a natural fiber that’s been dyed a pastel color
(we’ll choose the color for you). The 8–1/2” x 4–1/4” x 2” box has a self–hinged
lid and a button closure with a fiber loop. It keeps you organized and neat while
letting you see the pencils or jewelry or napkins or flatware or coupons or pill
bottles in it!
31329   MESH BOX        $1.00

Adopt-A-Logo
Where do overruns and misprints go to find love? To us, so we can send them to you.
These imprinted bags vary from about 3” x 5” to 8” x 8”. Most are nylon, a few heavy
cotton, most with zippers, some with woven handles, lots of different colors.
All are well–made, all very lovable. Organize your glove compartment, trunk, and other
spots where the logos don’t matter, or flaunt one that tickles you by carrying it as a
small purse. Of the (6) we pick out for you, there will be at least (4)
different kinds.
32788   BUNCH OF BAGS   $3.00

A Reticule Like Scarlett’s
If these silk–look drawstring bags were really silk, they’d be a lot more fragile. As
it is, these are very nice nylon/polyester reticules that make great gift, storage or
money bags. They draw about 3” from the top. Below that, the rectangular body
of the black bag is about 8” x 9”. The body of the aqua bag is about 9” wide and has a
set–in oval bottom about 6” below the drawstring. They have “Jasmine.com” embroidered
very discreetly in matching thread near the bottom of each. Now that we have
these, you can dump those sows ears. They weren’t going to work anyway.
32763   SILKY AQUA BAG  $1.00

Padded Pouch
Protect your car insurance and registration papers in this padded vinyl, black
zippered pouch. That’s probably the intended use since it has Grand Am stamped on the
front. The 9–1/2” x 4–1/4” x 3/4” pouch has 2 inside pockets and 3 inside slots to
hold cards. Even if you don’t have a car, the zippered pouch is great for your cash,
checkbook and coupons.
28159   GRAND AM POUCH  $0.50

and for those of you with altoid boxes here is something you can do with them

http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/946

Have fun looking. . . .

Owen