Well if everything doesnıt have a history it almost certainly has a
chronology no matter how you understand that ­ it didnıt exist (we imagine),
it came into being ( we deduce), it exists (we think) and then it ultimately
changes/ceases to exist maybe ( we expect).

If there is a chronology then there is almost certainly a story(ies) linked
to it (and all of that!). Some would say that once you have a chronology
there must be stories linked to it too and then the two together might
constitute Œa historyı  ( somethingıs histories?) ... In many ways it hardly
matters which way we choose to explain it, or what we call it, it ( the
idea!) is there to be understood.

Napoleon had an interesting way of understanding this kind of stuff and said
something along the  lines that ³history is the version of past events that
people can agree upon today² and then there is the Œtruth thingı . And as
for that, Swami (someone with a very long name beginning with V) said of
that ³truth is what two people can agree upon right now and in the future it
will, hopefully, be something else because we will have learned some more
and experienced something more² - or words to  that effect.

I guess we could all agree that everything has a past with stories attached,
a Œmeaningful(?)ı present and a future with a potential for change.
Everything might be understood in the context of its past, presence and
potential.  So itıs hard for me to imagine anything that doesnıt have a
context in time (a chronology?) and a story(ies) and thus history. Itıs how
itıs understood that is problematic, and sometimes contentious, and
especially so when there are competing imperatives/contenders to be Œthe
holder of the truthı ­ however it's understood and for whatever purpose.
Slippery stuff, truth!

FLUXUS seems to have existed ­ there seems to be good evidence for that ­
and  likewise it seems to continue in some way ­ there seems to be good
evidence for that too. Thus itıs a phenomena  and it could also be
understood as an attitude/idea (or set thereof) of some substance and if
not, then why are we discussing it, and here? What seems to be contentious
is the how, the when, in whose hands and with what authority all this is
held.

Then there is the original question, how (which ways?) do you teach Fluxus?

Over and out again, Ray