Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: history free?

In a message dated 4/7/04 5:16:56 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

if we understand, surely there is room for description.

who's description? Thomas Kinkade is the most famous artist in America today which is historically accurate. Does that mean he should get written about in the history books? How long did we think one way about art until guys like John Berger came along- now we think a different way. If you are an artist you can't let art history guide or intimidate you. That's the problem-people say , "hey I cant do what Michaelangelo did so why try?" That's what is great about fluxus-its the first art movement that says screw what everyone did-you dont need an education or talent. Too much has already been written  about fluxus already... Dawg