my point is that you have to have faith in what you are doing is good or important or meaningful and not think or care or know if someone else is doing it better or doesnt want you to do it, etc. It's a leap of faith to make art and be a part of something bigger than you that has no (apparant) rules. Dawg

But then who/what will appreciate your art?  Why make art at all if your audience is tree stumps and wild mushrooms?

Duchamp said art needs an audience's 'posterity' in order to be finished.  Non-art or anti-art doesn't need posterity so I guess we are all anti-artists when we clip our toe nails.

Tom Friedman is an american artist who uses methods and materials in a non-art way but somehow reaches artistic results, check him out.

-al