My favorite pieces, the one that reconciled me to the many others, which I had been amused by but didn't necessarily "get," were the tapestries, done in collaboration with weavers Wiener and Export. Also the fecund assemblages. One of a barroom with a "behind the scenes" backside. Another with a radio intriguingly tuned to a station reporting local current events, weather and traffic.

Amazing how the organic pieces were so early, or perhaps the repeats and variations we see now are so "late." His influences on and by are palpable.

There's a good flash of the exhibit at http://moma.org/exhibitions/2004/dieterroth/rothtime.html