> How do I prevent Openssh telling which version is running?
> Likewise with sendmail?  (I know you'll tell med to use another MTA..).

openssh: you need to patch the source afaik. no simple solution.

sendmail: in sendmail.cf, look for:
# SMTP initial login message (old $e macro)
O SmtpGreetingMessage=$j Sendmail $v/$Z; $b

$j - hostname (see line that starts with 'Dj' )
$Z - version  (see line that starts with 'DZ' )
$b - time

Its recommended to keep $j , in order to identify the name servers
host name. other then that, just change it...

O SmtpGreetingMessage=$j My_Supermailer - Do not relay.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Collaborative Intrusion Detection
                                         join http://www.dshield.org