Hi,

John Leuner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In my Church/State implementation I have implemented a low-level (C
> like) language and a seperate high-level language (in COLA style).

Sounds interesting.  I'll have to look at what you have again (I
believe yours was the Common Lisp bootstrap implementation?) and get
some more ideas.

> I'm interested to see if you can achieve the mixture of dynamism and
> C compatibilty within the same source language.

Yes, that's a key goal I'm trying to accomplish.  I guess time will
tell.

> What language will you write your compiler in? Will you use C for the
> runtime?

I would like to make Ocean self-hosting, and I think the fastest way
to do that would be to implement it using jolt3's codegen (once it
lands).  Metaprogramming and static compilation are probably the first
features to be worked out, so that the rest can be bootstrapped from
there.

> On another note, have you been following Ian's work on jolt3? Do you
> have any updates or insights to add to your earlier summary?

I haven't looked at the latest batches of commits yet.  I'm on
vacation this weekend, but I expect by next Tuesday that I'll look at
jolt3 again (maybe with an eye towards doing some architectural spikes
for Ocean).

Cheers,

--
Michael FIG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> //\