On 6/16/2011 8:43 AM, Frederick Grose wrote:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:34 AM, BGB <cr88...@gmail.com <mailto:cr88...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 6/15/2011 8:04 PM, BGB wrote:

        On 6/15/2011 3:22 PM, Ian Piumarta wrote:

            On Jun 15, 2011, at 14:09 , BGB wrote:

                        http://vpri.org/fonc_wiki

                description sounds like it is specific to the FoNC /
                VPRI projects...

            Sorry about that.  I left the original main page, figuring
            that people would just start a new page and when some
            useful content had been accumulated we'd rearrange things
            on the main page.  Misconception corrected.

        yeah, cool.

        (was gone much of the day, recently got back).

        I went and created this page (partly as a test):
        http://vpri.org/fonc_wiki/index.php/Dynamic_typing

        I generally tried to keep it fairly generic.

        I opted with this for the moment, rather than describing my
        own stuff, as I am not certain the level of
        "project-specificness" which is appropriate.

    ended up writing a few more articles, mostly about generic
    programming-language stuff, but then was thinking that maybe the
    point of this is not to do like a half-assed Wikipedia and
    describe a bunch of general topics that probably most people here
    already know about (type-systems, class/instance and prototype OO,
    vtables and method dispatching, ...).

    even if, yes, I found some of this stuff personally relevant when
    implementing my own VM stuff. (sadly, much of my own thinking
    largely boils down to personal experiences and trivia...).

Practical experience, thoughtfully recorded, often helps in learning.

    I guess the alternative would be that "we" (myself and others on
    this list?) write about our respective projects, and then comment
    on them?...

Having a glossary available for new learners is valuable, especially when terms are hyper-linked either to internal or other wiki pages such as those on Wikipedia.

http://vpri.org/fonc_wiki/index.php/Glossary

When we get the version upgrade, we should install
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SpecialInterwiki
, which allows convenient interwiki linking.

added more content, doesn't seem like anyone else is adding content though...

was sort of hoping interesting stuff would pop up, and partial uncertainty as to how objective some of the added content is, where my perspective is naturally limited to my own experiences.

did describe my language some here:
http://vpri.org/fonc_wiki/index.php/BGBScript

however, this just describes the language, rather than the surrounding VM framework in general (may go do this next).
it also does not describe the language in any comprehensive sense.

or such...