I guess this depends what you mean by awe-inspiring.

David this sentence somewhat disturbs me, though. I grew up in Tasmania - a
little island at the bottom of Australia... with some of the most picturesque
(and as you say here awe-inspiring) countryside in Australia. I can tell you
for sure that humans don't become Jaded to it. It changes us, and vivifies us.
I feel the same way about my balcony that overlooks the valley where I live,
and also about the beautiful user interfaces that I use daily... these things
impact me in a wonderful way, reminding me of the things and people I love. It
doesn't make me jaded! Quite the opposite.

Just my two cents.